Welcome To AC Henderson

8 YEARS

In The Business

Trusted by many clients, guaranteed work on time, and approachable crew, this is how we work.

We are Experienced!

10 YEAR

On Market

Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus. Donec rutrum congue leo eget.  Vivamus suscipit tortor eget felis porttitor volutpat.

REQUEST SERVICE NOW!

Only This Month!

GET 25% OFF

Air Condition Repair

OUR FIVE
STAR RATINGS

Why Your Kitchen Is Cooking Up A Catastrophe!

As air conditioner installers, we see the inside of a lot of kitchens.

Often, our customers are surprised to find that there are even more dangers lurking within their kitchen cupboards, than they realized!

Here are some of the things to look out for in your own kitchen…

GASES AND CHEMICALS

Carbon monoxide is probably the biggest danger which is potentially in your kitchen right now.

Check carefully that all appliances are correctly installed by qualified professionals. This is also for any leaks, as well as carbon monoxide hazards.

Remember, the flues should go outside the home!

Gases can also be created by you – this is when two household substances are mixed wrongly.

Combinations to avoid include chloramine and chlorine gas. This can be produced if you mix certain drain cleaners together with chlorine bleach.

Take care and never mix cleaning products together!

Furthermore, when it comes to disposing of your unwanted cleaning chemicals, do not pour them down the sink.

This could be actually illegal, depending on where you live. And it is because it might pollute the communal septic tank or even sewers!

Think about the environmental damage that your unused chemical products might wreak before you dispose of them.

VENTILATION

If your kitchen has hoods over the range, then the vent duct is the first port of call when it comes to inspecting your kitchen baddies.

But where does the vent duct lead to? Because if it is going into another room, or perhaps a loft, then this can bring on mold in those areas.

Your venting is an important defense against carbon monoxide and other hazards. It just needs to be done right.

VOCS

VOCs can cause unpleasant gases to be released into your kitchen. This can be a cause of air pollution within the home.

Unlike cleaning products, which are easy to remove, Volatile Organic Compounds could be bit more of a challenge because they may be in the fixtures and fittings.

VOCs can be found in laminate flooring, certain adhesives, foam and carpets.

To eliminate them fully may take a serious rethink of your kitchen design!

PESTICIDES

To be really sure that your kitchen is not harboring a toxic cloud, then you need to get serious about banishing pesticides from it.

Unfortunately, you cannot trust what the labels on the chemicals themselves always say about being non toxic.

Educate yourself some more about the effects they can potentially have on your home.

Do you really want these spores being released into the atmosphere – let alone where you are preparing food?

MOLD

Mold is a major factor in household and particular kitchen hazards.

With everything boiling and steaming away, as well as pipes leaking and taps running, there is certainly the potential for a lot of water to build up.

Keep a regular look out for any regular pools of water forming anywhere, this could signify a leak.

Damp conditions which are allowed to persist may result in mold spores growing and we all know how difficult they are to get rid of! 

PURIFY YOUR COOKING SPACE!

…The aforementioned list is sadly just a fraction of the potential hazards which are getting cozy in your kitchen right now!

As well as checking for the signs of potential airborne problems regularly, you can also combat the problem by installing an air purifier in your home.

Specific purifiers work better for particular problems.

Since damp, mold, smoke and toxins are a special nuisance in the kitchen, we would recommend installing one which can deal with these issues.

This will help to eliminate any odors and spores which may be floating around!

For more information on the best air purifiers to choose for the kitchen, check out our forthcoming e-book, which will shortly be available to download!

Does My Home Have Sick Building Syndrome?

Sick Building Syndrome is a leading cause of ill health within America today.

If you have ever simply felt unwell whilst in one room or building, and then had a miraculous recovery after leaving it, you too could have fallen prey to Sick Building Syndrome.

There are many potential causes, including of course the obvious; tobacco smoke, the insipid; VOCs and the unexpected contender; the lighting.

However, we will concentrate on three of the biggest causes of Sick Building Syndrome; combustion pollutants, biological air pollutants and heavy metals.

COMBUSTION POLLUTANTS

Combustion pollutants include the following gases; carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide.

Any of or all three of these gases can be found within your home.

They could occur when your gas appliance doesn’t have correct ventilation.

But there are also other potential sources – methylene chloride can unfortunately create carbon monoxide and this is present in a lot of domestic paint strippers.

BIOLOGICAL AIR POLLUTANTS

Biological air pollutants are sadly everywhere inside your home.

The most obvious checklist of suspects are mold, pollen, dust and pets… but there are more!

MOLD – Toxic black mold is the leading cause of Sick Building Syndrome. Keeping damp patches and any water damage at bay can help in your battle against toxic mold.

POLLEN – This is something which can be hard to prevent or avoid! But when the summer comes to your garden, unfortunately, Sick Building Syndrome comes inside with it.

If you are affected by pollen, try to keep windows shut during the summer months. Particularly when it is breezy.

DUST MITES – If you have skin, then you have dust mites! It can’t be stopped, but regular cleaning, airing and air purification can help make sure it doesn’t become more of a problem than it has to be!

PET HAIR – It can be a sad day indeed when you discover that you are allergic to your beloved Fido.

Whilst we cannot stop this from happening, choosing the right sort of vacuum cleaner and air purification unit might help.

As does not letting any pets sleep in your bedroom – let alone on your bed!

HEAVY METALS

Although heavy metals have some potentially devastating effects on the health of a building’s residents, the good news is it is unlikely to happen nowadays.

Public awareness about the dangers associated with lead and mercury (the two most prominent metals) have ensured these are less of an issue these days.

Whereas lead and mercury have not been used in paints for a long time, it may still be present.

Also, mercury components are found within the energy saving CFL light bulbs. This means if one breaks, you should take care to dispose of it properly.

Remember, if your home is older, or in a poor state of repair, it is still a possibility that these heavy metals could be causing you ill health!

Follow Us

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinrssyoutube

Beat the Heat with 5 Air Conditioner Tips

Tips To Reduce Electricity Consumption of an Air Conditioner

Address

9976 SW. Atlantic Street, Ronkonkoma

Phone

254-887-9613

Email

ask@airconditioninghendersonnv.com